On 2008-11-29, Gonzalo Servat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just wondering: while I was running rdiff-backup, I noticed a lot of
> files were backed up that I could either delete or exclude from the
> next backup. Can I just simply go into my /media/disk and delete them?
> I guess I should get rid of any incremental files, if they exist.

Don't ever edit rdiff-backup's backups directly. Either:

 (a) exclude those files from your *next* backup, rdiff-backup will for
     its purposes treat them as files you deleted in the interim,
     and eventually as you delete old increments (via
     --remove-older-than) they'll disappear. As a one-off you
     could run --remove-older-than with a really short time period to
     get rid of them quickly

 (b) if you really want those files gone from your backups, empty the
     drive and backup from scratch again, excluding them this time

-Mary