On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 08:42:35PM +1100, elliott-brennan wrote:
> I have a 701 (well, the wife has it :)) on which I
> installed eeebuntu which works a treat. The screen
> is small, and the keyboard is small, but it is
> also very light and quick to start/shut-down. It
> certainly does the job we got it for. A larger
> keyboard and screen would be nice, but at the
> price it's hard to complain.

I also have a 701.  My only criticism is the battery
which is too small and discharges even when the machine
is off.  The latter problem cannot be fixed with different
battery.  Maybe I need to do some hardware hacking.

I'm also going to put eeebuntu or possibly the eee fedora
distro on it.  (downloading eeebuntu 8.10 right now in fact)

Matt