When you had this problem did you do a "df" to check out all your
filesystems. Particularly if you have a small filesystem for holding /tmp
(it might be infact using tmpfs), then a reboot would fix the problem. If
your mail program needs to use temporary files for moving things around,
running out of /tmp would mean bad things could occur.

Regards, Martin

martinvisse...@gmail.com