On Wednesday 07 January 2009 10:00:06 slug-requ...@slug.org.au wrote:
> I don't know if it's just because I'm running Gnome with amarok, but
> the OSD has some serious issues.
>
> I run a dual monitor setup using nVidia binary drivers and twinview
> with compiz enabled.

I run amarok on AMD-X2 with various nvidia graphics (um onboard 6xxx, 8500,
8600) on a gnome desktop. Mostly SuSE 11.1 and Ubuntu 8.10 (each gives me the
pip in different areas)  and limited compiz, with twinview.

No display funnies observed on any of 4 machines.

James

PS I hate allusions to woes without detail, so:
Ubuntu 8.10: Don't touch the buttons! (any). Try to setup static network with
NM interfering and without editing by hand - sheesh you'r better than me. I
can't.
SuSE 11.1: I want a top task bar. With Compiz enabled every window is opened
at top left under the top task bar. First 7341 times is OK then it starts to
get you. If you install from the LiveCD, not DVD, the package management is a
nightmare eg try to install 'build-essential' from the live CD. I'll send food
and water.