Only just saw this msg.

I did indeed load up wireshark and was using it. But I couldn't see any packet "identifying" itself as an ipv6 packet. I realise that is illogical. Every IP address registered by Wireshark was definitely an ipv4 format.

I s'pose I could switch it back on and go again, but at this point it works. Once I read up on v6, I'll give it another shot.

Thanks again folks.
Kind Regards

Kyle

Martin Visser wrote:
Well done Michael!

If you were using a wireshark to look at you application flow you would have seen the IPv6 query going out (but not getting an answer) and then a followup with a working IPv4 query and then a quick response.