Hi Slug,

I've decided to increase the RAM on my home CentOS server. As best I can recall, the accepted wisdom is to have SWAP approx.~ 2 x RAM. Or was that approx.~ 50% of RAM?

Can someone point me in the direction of an explicit tutorial on how I might go about increasing SWAP without destroying data on my other partitions please?

Or if I'm actually upping the RAM, should I just not worry about it?

Info I'm guessing would be relevant;

[k...@bottlenose ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/md1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/md2                /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sdb2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-sda2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0