On Monday 18 May 2009 14:56:54 elliott-brennan wrote:
> I agree about colour perception and the range of
> abilities people have. Similarly a (then)
> girlfriend's aunt insisted she could not tell the
> difference between stereo and mono. I ran a few
> tests for her. Despite the fact she could hear
> well enough in both ears she insisted she couldn't
> tell the difference (I think she was just a cranky
> old fart :))

Yeh... although I'm a well published photographer (not as much as
some) who is supposed to be able to print his own colour photographs
(as in the old fashioned version with film) the RAF put me through
their stereo vision checks to see if they could move me over to their
air side to analyse pictures of the things that they photograph from
the sky.  70 m/m film.  I used to be an RAF photographer.  The RAF test
showed that no part of my vision could possibly work at all !  <laughs
out loud>.  What does this tell you about the RAF ?

In spite of this I can do a lot of Ju Jitsu and Aikido and judge
distances very well.  On the other side of it my own colour vision
would seem to be excellent.  Most people seem to balance around a
slight red or blue shift.  I come out as slightly red.  A neutral
photograph looks slightly warm to me.

Right... where's that free crack cocaine that comes with every Ubutnu
(oh.. sorry Ubuntu) disk ?  Must get back to sniffing that ...

Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk