I have a ~$1000 acer laptop and an acer aspire one.

The former is utter garbage, the later is really nice.

I suspect this aspire one goodness, rests mainly on an intel developed reference board which has had minimal customization. The cheapy one has
all sorts of strange quirks.

Dean

Adrian Chadd wrote:
My experience with the acer aspire one running XP has been one of
pleasant happiness.

I'm not a normal user though; I install very little extra software on my
"user" machines.

Now to get Linux/Xen and FreeBSD working on it..

Adrian