sounds like slug should arrange some kick backs

Dean

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
Thanks Terry,

Your initial response prompted a whole lot of discussion,
and a few purchases.

Marghanita
Terry Dawson wrote:

(sorry, this one got lost too!)

Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
However,  I would like to know what ports are available and
whether Wifi is built in (as is the case with eeePC). Though,
I don't expect firewire - which my current laptop meets.

Wifi is built in. Bluetooth is not.
There are two (three?) USB 2.0 ports.
One 100Mbps ethernet port.

I have also heard reports about issues with the fan.

We've not experienced any fan issues.

Have you used an external DVD/CD burner or other external
storage?

Yes, I've used both external USB hard disk and I installed the Ubuntu Netbook respin on mine from an external USB DVD drive without issue.

I assume it has no problems with USB drives/cameras/phones?

I've not tried any of those with it, other than my HTC G1 phone, which works as expected.

Terry

--
http://fragfest.com.au