> > Are people running versions of Linux on this or similar computers
> > that they've been able to install easily while keeping Windows?
>
> I do not know that because I don't have Eeepc. Having said that
> though, why not give Eeebuntu (http://www.eeebuntu.org) a go? It's
> specifically designed for Eeepc. Or even Xubuntu
> (http://www.xubuntu.org/).

I've been using Eeebuntu on my 701 for months.  It's excellent.  All
of those drivers and other stuff that doesn't exist for other netbooks
just installs into your EeePC.  Works first time you boot.

Just got hold of a new 1005HA.  Turns out that the ethernet and Wi-Fi
drivers for these only exist as a backport until November when Manic
Koala 9.10 comes along.  Used the backported drivers after the
installation and deleting XP.  Works fine for me with ordinary Jaunty
Jackoffalot 9.04 :)

Cheers
(better not mention the cricket)

--