On Sunday 06 Dec 2009 03:45:08 Jake Anderson wrote:
> Meijer, Luke wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I want to build a mini-itx box for smoothwall 3.0

> If your not absolutely set on smoothwall take a look at pfsense,
>  same roots and, any itx machine should have enough juice to run it
>  well and its based on newer BSD's so you should have fewer
>  hardware concerns (other than a KVM virtual machine I haven't
>  found anything it wont run on) lots of nice addons too.

pfSense is excellent.  If you can't work it out m0n0wall is also very
good.  Both of them better than Smoothwall.  IP Cop is also good...

http://www.pfsense.com/
http://m0n0.ch/wall/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ipcop/wiki

If you absolutely have to use GNU/Linux and iptables then IP Cop is
really good for a lot of things.  For hardware I use....

https://kd85.com/soekris.html

--
Richard

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk