On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 02:14 +1100, Daryl Thompson wrote:
> I brought a Compaq Presario CQ61-214TU and install Fedora 12.
>
> I have no Speaker Sound, i do have sound when i plug in a head set or
> external speaker. I have not tested the HDMI output yet as i don't have
> access to a DH TV with HDMI.
>
> I would like to use the internal speakers. Can any one help me please,
> the Google searches all relate to ubuntu and not much help on Fedora

Check your access to the sound group (audio and maybe pulse).

Make sure you are not signed on twice. When I stack sign on (eg Ken then
chris) the sound is assigned to Ken and Chris does not have access to
it.

Make sure your sound is not muted. This is a stupid default.  I also had
problems that it was always muted and I had to reset this on every sign
on.

Thanks
Ken