Hi,
I'm not sure about NAS boxes... but HP raid stores the raid array config on the disks themselves. Such that you could take out 4 disks of a raid array and put them in another server and the raid would come up ok. And this is on a different raid controller.

So... if you have a backup of the data, have you tried to just take out the disks and put them back in the same NAS box in different places? Perhaps the connector is faulty. See whether the problem follows the disk or the problem follows the slot where the disk is.

Thanks,
Ben Donohue
donoh...@icafe.com.au