Hi Folks,

it appears one of the disks in my s'ware RAID is failing. So I've come to SLUG for some consensus and confirmation.

1. How do I go about rebuilding the RAID with ALL brand new disks (obviously no longer the same disks, but now newer spec larger disks) such that I don't lose not only the data but don't have to rebuild the whole machine again?

2. I'm better sticking with linux s'ware RAID rather than setting up a m'board BIOS supported RAID aren't I?

3. It's been a while since I delved into h'ware etc. So SATA II disks will simply plug into, and function correctly, SATA plugs, yes or no? Or are we now at a stage where I also have to worry about whether or not the m'board will actually support the disks I want to put in?