It's been a while since I have responded to slug emails.

You need to put this in to perspective. There are a number departments that
actually use open source, to some extent. You must bear in mind that there are
others who have a strictly microsoft.

I know of one department 6 years ago required the skills of Linux and Unix
people to convert the department from opensource to microsoft only environment,
because said department employed a "microsoft ranger", and to this date he is
still their CIO.

What you have to be aware to be successful with tenders or projects you need to
sit on a board of vendors to even be considered for a job or contract for a
scope of work. the Federal government is a large market and you have fight your
case on a departmental and divisional level.

there are other departments who employed the same web technology as President
Obama.
Yes Open source has a place in Public sector IT but sadly it's not in business
critical areas of the sector, and it has been visible for a long time.