got any others of the same model? do they work?
do they have a switch on them or software configurable?

Thanks,
Ben Donohue

On 28/02/2011 7:05 PM, pe...@chubb.wattle.id.au wrote:
"Ben" == Ben Donohue<donoh...@icafe.com.au>  writes:
Ben>  Try not auto neg. Try manual assignment. also check switch port
Ben>  has not been set to 100mbs by accident.  Try another cable?

When I use ethtool to set to gigabit, the link light goes out on the
switch.  I've checked that the switch ports autonegotiate to gigabit
correctly.  Unfortunately, the switch firmware won't let me turn
autoneg off.

I've tried three different cables -- and I've tried using them on a
different link, and they all work at gigabit.

(Cat 5-E is OK for gigabit.  But I did try a cat-6 cable too (was
getting desperate)

Any other ideas?

Peter c

-----