Yep connect bot is what I use.  Read the docs though,
keys like control and meta are a hassle.  And differ a little
depending on your device.

I like Netcounter for data usage; free and open source.
http://www.jaqpot.net/netcounter/ by Cyril Jaquier
but of course available on the Market.

VNC I think is available but way too small a screen for me.

There are various remote control apps, (e.g. gmote) they might be
customisable for sysadmin type stuff.