Richard Hayes - Nada Marketing wrote:

I need to buy / create a document management system that would create
government reports for energy usage.

All the reports use the same format and at least 75% of the content is 'boiler
plate', the text does not change.

What is required is a 'super mail merge' where the I can enter the contact,
location and usage data etc into a form and then the document is merged to
create a 'pretty' new document.

I just discovered a simple, fast and easy templating tool for python, called
invoque.
It is designed for HTML/XML templating, but will generate any kind of text by
substitution, e.g.

   <head>
      <title>${title}</title>
   </head>

<http://evoque.gizmojo.org/>

If you aren't using it for HTML, you do not need to install the qpy
package that the author recommends for safe quoting.

A python script to mail-merge from a database or CSV file into templates
would be very easy to write if you have python skilz.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to
add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.
     -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery