Hmmm... the first option works but is ugly, the second option only
allows you to create links to files not directories.

But combining the two options you get a solution: create a launcher with
location "file:///tmp". Or even easier - just drag a folder (eg /tmp)
from Nautilus onto gnome-panel - duh!

Right clicking on gnome-panel is inconsistent - I might lodge a bug.

* Kyle <k...@attitia.com> [2011-10-21 09:03:44 +1100]:

--
Sonia Hamilton
http://soniahamilton.wordpress.com