G'day all,

I'm looking for the right distro to install. I have a couple of laptops that I don't care if they break, so I can take out to work-sites where we're doing installations in sometimes less than hospitable circumstances.

1. Because they're old laptops, I need a fairly lightweight
   distribution - perhaps based on xfce or Enlightenment or similar.
2. There for things like network configuration & troubleshooting, so
   support for media playback is of no consequence.
3. Because so many networks are wireless or hybrid with wireless,
   simple wireless support is essential.

It seems to me from the distros I've tried, you can have condition 1 met, or condition 3. But not both - most of the lightweight distros seem to assume that one is rpepared to spend half-an-hour on each wireless network setting it up - and whilst I'm not a newbie, I don't really get off on always doing things the hard way.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--

NetSense Computers logoRegards,
Edwin Humphries

--
This email is intended for the named addressee/s only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not a named addressee please delete it and notify the sender.
--

"/At every moment he beholdeth a wondrous world, a new creation, and goeth from astonishment to astonishment, and is lost in awe at the works of the Lord of Oneness./" Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys "./.. humans are interesting. With all the wonders there are in the Universe, they invented boredom./" Terry Pratchet, Hogfather "/The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed./" Albert Einstein /"Stuff your eyes with wonder ... live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories./" Ray Bradbury