That's very interesting information. Perhaps because I half understand
what you're talking about.

I bought an ARM development board and it exposes the exact same
serial console on boot. So many the Arm boards work like this?

So I would be looking for two pins on the processor ?

I'm up to speed with running a 5v serial line. But aren't those processors
a bit lower? as in 2.7v or something?

Thanks for the leads. Fantastic.