On 9 May 2012 17:13, Daniel Solsona <dsols...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It really depends on what are your needs.

We want to track a file as it hits our comms server (via FTP/HTTP),
transfers to our app server, processes and is then generated out to the
comms server and then picked up by the recipient.

That will use the following logs;

   1. FTP/HTTP daemon
   2. FTP process
   3. Application processing (x2, in then out)
      1. Here we will probably have to link the in and out process using
      some database queries
      4. FTP process
   5. FTP/HTTP daemon

It's convoluted, but our architecture restricts what we can do, and I don't
know if we can make enough changes in the time I have to make it easier. I
can probably create the parser I mentioned earlier.