Hi Edwin,

I did this for a client in the last few weeks.

This might not be a perfect match to your question but in the end we
selected Lightning Calendar for firefox:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/calendar/

It's turned out perfect for our users, because it is just an extension that
runs inside Thunderbird and doesn't require a Server.

I came across a distro that does exactly what you are asking for. I will
try to find it in my browser history.