On 20 Feb 2015, at 1:33 pm, Michael Chesterton <che...@chesterton.id.au> wrote:

I have started using “enchant” for the claws-mail OSX port I am working on.
I had to hunt for the en_AU dictionary for it which is sourced from aspell.

I think enchant is just a refreshed version of aspell, but I know ispell is
a bit ancient now and not as reliable.

rachel

> On 16/02/15 17:15, William Bennett wrote:
>> Up to now, I've always felt that ispell was pretty good.
>>
>> But I thought I'd enquire.
>>
>> Has anybody experience with any others?
>>
>> William Bennett.
>
> I use ispell in irssi, and it's not that good at unravelling the noodliness
> of my mind and guessing what I meant to spell.
>
> If one character is wrong, it will make the right suggestion, but if
> two characters are wrong, forget about it. If ispell can't make a
> suggestion, I then I google it, and google always knows what I meant
> to spell. Pretty scary.
>
> here's a weird example:
>
> dribl
>
> ispell says
>
> & dribl 5 0: drib, dribs, drib l, drib-l, drill
>
> aspell says
>
> & dribl 19 0: dribble, drably, tribal, drill, dribbler, drivel, drub,
> durable, durably, dbl, driblet, droll, drool, drab, treble, drawl,
> trial, tribe, trill
>
> I have heard in the past aspell is better, and I would concur.

—
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
gr...@exemail.com.au             IT consulting, security, programming
        The more an answer costs, the more respect it carries.