On 24/03/15 14:02, Voytek wrote:
> Someone had asked me for Mac Air advice, know nothing about Mac,
> looking on Apple site, only choices I see is faster CPU, more RAM,
> more storage.
>
> more RAM and more storage, yes, is it worthwhile for a faster CUP?

Max out the RAM when you buy it because you cannot upgrade it after-the-fact
because it is soldered to the motherboard (unlike the MacBook Pro, or most
other laptops).

I had a choice between an Intel i5 or i7 when I bought mine, but I feel the i7
was a waste because the laptop overheats when doing anything CPU-intensive like
encoding video, so the extra CPU grunt is not worth it in my opinion.

But then again, you can't upgrade after-the-fact, so if you can afford the
optional extra, go for it.

Put it this way: I don't regret spending the extra money on the i7 even though
I don't need it.  But I do massively regret not spending the extra money on the
RAM because now it is too late.