On 21/09/15 16:42, James Gray wrote:
You haven't set up your keyboard with a European mapping by any chance? If so, this might solve the problem for you:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

Also, you might want to try launching from the command line and for a specific
locale and see if it fixes anything:
LANG=en_AU.utf8 google-chrome
If that fixes it, then also check your locale settings in your environment (window manager et al).

HTH.

--
James
(Apologies for any funky formatting; Gmail web interface is totally wigging out on me this afternoon!)