Thank you so much for the reply, Andy. Well, apparently there's a lot
happening that may be causing the issue. First, I can't seem to get
slurmctld running properly. When I run "slurmctld -D", this is my output:

slurmctld: error: Can't save state, create file
/var/spool/slurm/last_config_lite.new error Permission denied
slurmctld: error: Configured MailProg is invalid
slurmctld: Job accounting information stored, but details not gathered
slurmctld: fatal: Incorrect permissions on state save loc: /var/spool/slurm

I have the MailProg line in slurm.conf commented out, so does it have to be
specified to work? Also, since I'm root and root is the owner of the
/var/spool/slurm directory, I'm not sure why it's telling me the
permissions are incorrect...