Moe Jette <je...@schedmd.com> writes:

> Why would you use gold rather than Slurm's internal mechanism, which  are
> better integrated with Slurm and vastly more scalable? See:
> http://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html

I totally agree that Gold is neither well integrated with Slurm nor
very scalable.  (That is part of the reason we are looking for other
options.)

We'd really like to use Slurm's mechanism, but I belie it is not
possible to use it both for fair share priority (i.e. with a positive
PriorityDecayHalfLife) and to enforce har usage limits like GrpCpuMins.
(We are using 14.03.7.  Perhaps this has changed in later versions?

Also, "nothing is ever easy": we want to account not CPU hours, but PE
(processor equivalents) hours.

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,