Mark Arnold <arno...@cse.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> I've been using the topology.conf file to separate nodes that aren't
> reachable via the same IB network for some time. If I try to allocate a
> node on two different networks I get

[...]

> Or
> use some other method (like constraints) to get 1 pair of VMs out of the 4
> we have to be on the same physical host, instead of on different physical
> hosts.

If you set up features "IB1" on the nodes on one IB network, and "IB2"
on the other, then a job could ask for --constraint=[IB1|IB2] and get
either all nodes with IB1 or all with IB2.  Search for "Matching OR" in
the sbatch man page for details.  (We used this on our previous cluster,
which had two different IB networks.)

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,