We recently upgraded to 15.08.4 from 14.11 and we wanted to try out the MsgAggregation to see if that would improve cluster throughput and responsiveness. However when we turned it on with the settings of WindowMsgs=10 and WindowTime=100 everything slowed to a crawl and it looked like the slurmctld was threading like crazy. When we turned it off everything returned to normal. Does any one have any suggestions or guidelines for what to set the MsgAggregationParam to? I'm guessing it depends on the size of the cluster as we have the same settings on our test cluster but it is about 10 times smaller in terms of number of nodes than our main one. I'm guessing this is a scaling problem.

Thoughts?  Anyone else using MsgAggregation?

-Paul Edmon-