Hi,

I am running slurm on CentOS 6. One thing I've just noticed is that the
slurmctld is running under the user slurm but the slurmd is running under
the root. Not quite sure why those daemons in different owner ships, any
inside explanation please? Further looked at both slurm daemon configure in
/etc/init.d and slurm.conf, they are identiccal, how could they behave
differently? Anyway, can the owner ship of slurmd be changed to the user
slurm?

The problem I've got now is I am running nagios monitoring via ssh, it can
check all other application daemon status, but it always failed to check
slrum daemon status due to the slurmd root access restriction.

Thanks.