+1
If a user needs a newer Python version and a paper submission is due I don't
want to be a blocker as an admin
The conservative packages of server distributions are of no value to my users.
They are free to run from their homes whatever they need, otherwise the
clusters would be pointless! BR

--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.HTML
vox: +49 3641 9 44323 | fax: +49 3641 9 44321