Hi list,

I was wondering why partition associations are optional when adding a
user to the accounting DB. I have not found any mention of what happens
if a user has no associations to any partition.

- Would the user be able to submit jobs to *all* partitions?
- Would she not be able to submit any jobs at all?
- If it's the latter, what is the point of making partition assocs
optional?

Also, is there a way to associate an account with a specific partition?
Let's say, for example, I have a research group that should have
exclusive access to a partition. How would I go about that?

Sorry if my questions are noobish, but I haven't been able to find the
answers in the documentation.

Thanks in advance!

--
Patrice Peterson