On 06/13/2016 09:50, Husen R wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How to setup node sequence/order in slurm ?
> I configured nodes in slurm.conf like this -> Nodes = head,compute,spare.
>
> Using that configuration, if I use one node in my job, I hope slurm will
> choose head as computing node (as it is in a first order). However slurm
> always choose compute, not head.
>
> how to fix this ?

http://slurm.schedmd.com/slurm.conf.html

"
Weight
    The priority of the node for scheduling purposes. All things being
equal, jobs will be allocated the nodes with the lowest weight which
satisfies their requirements. For example, a heterogeneous collection of
nodes might be placed into a single partition for greater system
utilization, responsiveness and capability. It would be preferable to
allocate smaller memory nodes rather than larger memory nodes if either
will satisfy a job's requirements. The units of weight are arbitrary,
but larger weights should be assigned to nodes with more processors,
memory, disk space, higher processor speed, etc. Note that if a job
allocation request can not be satisfied using the nodes with the lowest
weight, the set of nodes with the next lowest weight is added to the set
of nodes under consideration for use (repeat as needed for higher weight
values). If you absolutely want to minimize the number of higher weight
nodes allocated to a job (at a cost of higher scheduling overhead), give
each node a distinct Weight value and they will be added to the pool of
nodes being considered for scheduling individually. The default value is 1.
"

Benjamin
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.html
vox: +49 3641 9 44323 | fax: +49 3641 9 44321