From: Adrian Sevcenco [mailto:adrian.sevce...@spacescience.ro]
Sent: 16 August 2016 16:11
To: slurm-dev <slurm-dev@schedmd.com>
Subject: [slurm-dev] defining jobs slots

Hi! I have trouble understanding the definition of job slots for each node ...
and i am running slurm only on my desktop to get used to it until i move it to
the clusters .. it is not clear to me how one can define the job slots for each
node and how it can be automatically done for a list of nodes (i hope that
there is not a requirement of human input of hardware resources for each node)

I have defined
TaskPluginParam=Cores
SelectType=select/cons_res
SelectTypeParameters=CR_CPU

and
NodeName=localhost CPUs=8

PartitionName=local Nodes=localhost Default=YES MaxTime=172800 State=UP

but in the logs i have this:
Aug 16 17:45:39 sev.spacescience.ro slurmd[7371]: Node configuration differs
from hardware: CPUs=8:8(hw) Boards=1:1(hw) SocketsPerBoard=8:1(hw)
CoresPerSocket=1:4(hw) ThreadsPerCore=1:2(hw) Aug 16 17:45:39
sev.spacescience.ro slurmd[7373]: CPUs=8 Boards=1 Sockets=8 Cores=1 Threads=1
Memory=16006 TmpDisk=255791 Uptime=1313157 CPUSpecList=(null)
FeaturesAvail=(null) FeaturesActive=(null)

how can i define for my machine to run 8 jobs?
also, for the next level, how can i set a job slot for each physical core (a
job to run on the physical core + its ht partner)?

Thank you!
Adrian
and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Employees of XMA Ltd are
expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or
authorise any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by email
communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and
outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The company
will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the
employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising. XMA Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered
no. 2051703). Registered Office: Wilford Industrial Estate, Ruddington Lane,
Wilford, Nottingham, NG11 7EP