I'm trying to get the x11 plugin to work and I'm having some difficulties.

ssh --X

to one of my compute nodes works fine and

env | grep DIS

displays the correct IP address for that node.

But

srun --x11 -pty bash

gives me an error:

srun: error: x11: unable to connect node node010

and

env | grep DIS

now says DISPLAY=:10.0. So I checked the values in sshd_config and
X11Forwarding yes and X11UseLocalhost no, so that seems to be correct. I've
checked the locations of x11.so, plugstack.conf, and slurm-spank-x11 and
they're all where I believe they are supposed to be. So I'm kind of stuck (and
new to Slurm) and I really need some help figuring out why this isn't working.

Thanks,

Claire

Dr Claire L. Simpson, PhD
Assistant Professor
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dept. of Genetics, Genomics and Informatics (Primary)
Dept. of Ophthalmology (Secondary)
71 S. Manassas Room 417
Memphis, TN  38163

phone 901 448-3084