Hola,

We were looking for the ability to make jobs perfectly reproducible - while
the system is set up with environment modules with the increasing number of
package management tools - pip/conda; npm; CRAN/Bioconductor - and people
building increasingly more complex software stacks, our users have started
asking about containerization and slurm.

I have found a discussion on this list from about a year ago

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/slurm-devel/oPmz5em5tAA/BYlDDfRDzTgJ

which mentioned a tool that's not been updated since and one called Shifter
by NERSC, which is Cray specific?.

Has anyone tried Shifter out and has there been any movement on this? I
presume the licensing issues remain.

Cheers
L.
------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper