Yes, I agree. However, as I pointed out in my previous emails the whole
exercise is not to restrict the nodes but to order them. If everything is
equal submitting jobs to idling nodes first make much more sense than to
busy ones even if busy means only I/O operations (by the way, it is my
experience that even I/O operations slow down the mpi calculations). It
will be then user's choice when looking at the CPU load of the system to
decide how many processors she should request for her job.

Best Regards