Yes, I did give that a try, though it didn’t seem to make any difference to the
error messages I got.

slurmd -C on our three compute nodes shows 4 CPUs each, as one would expect
given that they have four cpus each.

Here’s the result from one:

[root@vm-qexec1 ~]# ClusterName=cluster NodeName=vm-qexec1 CPUs=4 Boards=1
SocketsPerBoard=4 CoresPerSocket=1 ThreadsPerCore=1 RealMemory=995 TmpDisk=8651

Thanks for the help!