It's maybe a bit of a hack, but I guess it could be done with a Spank
plugin. Just put whatever you want to print on the spank_init method,
as it is called every time a job is submitted. As a drawback, it would
also be printed with srun, and maybe when starting slurmctld (not a
big deal anyway).

> Yes, unfortunately, this does not work out of the box. We now use the
> AdminComment field to save the information and a small wrapper script
> around sbatch that prints the admin comment field if submission
> succeeded.

>> I don't think it's possible to print a message if job is accepted to the
>> queue..

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm using job_submit plugin (C langage) to manage users job submission on
>>> ours systems.
>>>
>>> I would like to print an information message at the terminal each time a
>>> job is submitted and I don't find how to do.
>>>

>>> It works fine in case of error message using err_msg parameter of the
>>> job_submit function :
>>>
>>> extern int job_submit(struct job_descriptor *job_desc, uint32_t
>>> submit_uid, char **err_msg)
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Gerard Gil
>>>

>>> Centre Informatique National de l'Enseignement Superieur
>>> 950, rue de Saint Priest
>>> 34097 Montpellier CEDEX 5