Hey guys,

I was asked to implement a walltime of 24 hours in our cluster (we only
have 16 nodes, so no need until now).
Furthermore, I need to prefer single accounts based on compute time. The
example I was given is further below.

Btw., I'm upgrading to SLURM 17.02.4.

Example:
If the partition is full, we should start to prefer people who haven't
used much computing time the last month.

I don't know where I should start with this request to be honest and if
it is even possible (walltime is not the problem).

First of, I would need to also implement accounting I guess (also, no
need for until now^^)
But how to continue? I wanted to implement backfill instead of FIFO, but
would I also need multifactor priority?

Here are my thoughts of being able to achieve this:

1. Could I do something like:
A. People are getting points every month (which they can't actually
empty within one month)
B. Compare the points (last month) of all people when a queue appears.

2. Or something like (same but time based):
A. Account the whole computing time for two months (and then start to
delete old entries)
B. While queue, compare computing time (last month) of all waiting users?

I hope I made myself clear and that you can help me. Every hint is
appreciated.

Best regards,
Dennis

--
Dennis Tants
Auszubildender: Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration

ZARM - Zentrum für angewandte Raumfahrttechnologie und Mikrogravitation
ZARM - Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity

Universität Bremen
Am Fallturm
28359 Bremen, Germany

Telefon: 0421 218 57940