Hi,

On 7/6/2017 2:38 AM, Victor Gamayunov wrote:

>knl_generic plugin on non-KNL node
>Hi,
>
>i have a cluster with a mix of regular Xeon and KNL nodes. I use knl_generic
>to switch KNL modes which works very well.
>However, there is a side effect on non-KNL nodes: every time I allocate a
>non-KNL node and specify a constraint (which has nothing to do with KNL), the
>node is rebooted every time.
>Is there a way do selectively disable the plugin on non-KNL nodes?
>
>I looked at the code but couldn't quite figure out what forces the reboot.
>
>Thanks
>Victor

I got the same problem and found a workaround allowing to keep the same
slurm.conf file on all nodes.

On non-KNL nodes I copy the syscfg file available in slurm tarball
(.../src/plugins/node_features/knl_generic/syscfg) as /etc/slurm/syscfg; per
inside comment this bash script " # Emulate syscfg (Intel's MOBO interface) for
testing purposes "
Then I create a /etc/slurm/knl_generic.conf file that contains just one line :
SyscfgPath=/etc/slurm/syscfg

non-KNL nodes will be assigned dummy features (xyz is mine) but won't be
rebooted when a constraint is specified by a job

scontrol show node xx
[...]
   AvailableFeatures=a2a,hemi,quad,snc2,snc4,cache,flat,hybrid,auto,xyz
   ActiveFeatures=a2a,cache,xyz
[...]

Best Regards,
Pierre-Marie Le Biot