Thx Loris!

On 10/11/2017 08:17 AM, Loris Bennett wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Marcus Wagner <wag...@itc.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

Hello, everyone.

I'm also fairly new to slurm, still in a conceptual rather than a test or
productive phase. Currently I am still trying to find out where to create which
files and directories, on the host or in a network directory.
I'm a little confused about the description in the manpage of slurm. conf.
For example, the JobCheckpointDir should be accessible from both the primary and
backup controller. Now it is clear (at least I believe) that this has to be done
in the NCCR, for example. If the primary controller goes down, the backup
controller must be able to access it.
On the other hand, SlurmctldPidFile should also be available on both the primary
and backup controller. Since there is usually in /var/run, I assume that this
should be a local path. It should also be unique on every controller.
The manpage is not quite clear in its description.
Your understanding is correct.

What about the SlurmctldLogFile, for example? Theoretically, both
could write to the same file.
We have everything local except for the config files and the statesave location.

If anyone has an advice or would like to tell me how it was solved on your site,
I would be very happy.

best
Marcus
Cheers,