Hi Will,

looking at your stackoverflow postings there doesn't seem to be anything
helpful. Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Am 30.10.2017 um 03:12 schrieb Will L:
> I am trying to install SLURM 15.08.7 locally on an Ubuntu 16.04 machine.
> In my case, the master and worker nodes are the same.
[...]

Have you tried starting both slurmctld and slurmd in the foreground (-D)?
When I have real trouble with a cluster I open two terminals
side-by-side, set debugging in the slurm.conf to something reasonable
high. Then I start...
... one with: slurmctld -D -f <path_to_config>
... another with: slurmd -D -f <path_to_config>

(I only remember one case where that wasn't helpful: a seemingly random
"user unknown" file access problem)

Regards,
Benjamin
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.html
☎ +49 3641 9 44323