Hi Matt,

As a protest to asking questions on this list and getting solicitations for
pay-for support, let me give you some advice for free :)

If you look at your slurm.conf you'll see there are two directories that
your slurm user and group need to have write access to.

One is whatever you configure as SlurmdSpoolDir. This needs to be available
on all worker nodes that are running slurmd. Set ownership to slurm user
and slurm group and mode 755.

The other is StateSaveLocation. This needs to be present just on your
controller (where slurmctld runs). Again, this should have ownership of
slurm user and slurm group and mode 755.

You probably want to use something more specific than just /var/spool for
your StateSaveLocation

Best,

Sean