On Tuesday, 17 April 2018 4:20:10 AM AEST David Rodríguez Galiano wrote:

> I am a sysadmin who needs to make a fresh installation of Slurm.
> When visiting the download website, I can see two different versions.
> The first is 17.02.10 and the second one is 17.11.5. I have not found
> information on what version to use.

For new installs I'd go with 17.11.5.

We don't use RPMs, so I can't comment there.

Our model is to install to:

/apps/slurm/$VERSION

then we have a symlink /apps/slurm/latest that points to the current version
we want to be running in production and then we can just restart services as
we wish to pick up the right one (/apps is a shared read-only filesystem across
all the cluster nodes).

Our config directory is /apps/slurm/etc so again only one place to modify
things for all nodes to see the change.

All the best,
Chris