Hi.

I built a SLURM cluster and am able to successfully run jobs as root.
However, when I try to submit jobs as a regular user, I hit
permission problems.
username@console:[~] > srun -N1 /bin/hostname
slurmstepd: error: couldn't chdir to `/usr/home/username': Permission denied:
going to /tmp insteadfancy.host.name

I tried to google around, but could not get a clear view of how user
permissions are passed around with SLURM.Note:
1. We run FreeIPA and all nodes (slurm controller, login node and
   compute nodes) are viewing the same user accounts via LDAP.2. Home
directories are mounted over NFS. They are accessible on all
   nodes just the same.
Appreciate any help for me to understand what is going on.
When a regular user submits a job to the queue, does it run on the
compute node with the same user credentials? Are there any relevant
parts of this configuration in slurm.conf?
I already read about SlurmUser and SlurmdUser which are not relevant as
they point to what the daemons are to be run as..
Thanks,
Aravindh

--
  Aravindh Sampathkumar