On 20-12-2023 15:59, Michael Bernasconi wrote:
I'm trying to get slurm working on an Intel 12th gen CPU. slurmd instantly fails with the error message "Thread count (24) not multiple of core count (16)". I have tried adding "SlurmdParameters=config_overrides" to slurm.conf, and I have experimented with various combinations of "Sockets", "CoresperSocket", "ThreadsPerCore", and "CPUs" but so far nothing has worked. Does anyone know how to get this working? Are CPUs with heterogeneous cores just not supported by slurm?

On the node run "slurmd -C" which will print Slurm's view of the hardware. Use this information in your slurm.conf file.

You should configure the RealMemory value slightly less than what is reported by slurmd -C, because kernel upgrades may give a slightly lower RealMemory value in the future and cause problems with the node’s health status.

/Ole