Amjad Syed via slurm-users <slurm-users@lists.schedmd.com> writes:

> I need to submit a sequence of up to 400 jobs where the even jobs depend on
> the preceeding odd job to finish and every odd job depends on the presence
> of a file generated by the preceding even job (availability of the file for
> the first of those 400 jobs is guaranteed).

How about letting each even job submit the next odd job after it has
created the file, and also the following even job, with a dependency on
the odd job?  You would obviuosly have to keep track of how many jobs
you've submitted so you can stop after 400 jobs. :)

--
Regards,
Bjørn-Helge Mevik, dr. scient,