Hi All,

The man page of epoll_ctl says:

     The data field specifies the datum  to  be  associated  with  the
     event  and  will be returned via epoll_wait(3C). The events field
     denotes both the desired events (when specified via  epoll_ctl())
     and   the   events   that   have   occurred  (when  returned  via
     epoll_wait(3C)).

This does not seem to be the case and is not compatible with Linux's
implementation. Recently I tried to compile Samba 4.1.10 on smartos and
'net ads join' just crashes. Samba uses epoll_event.data.ptr to keep track
of its tevent_fd data but epoll_ctl() on smartos simply ignores it and does
not keep a copy of the 'data' structure and returns it when epoll_wait is
called.

Can I assume this is an implementation specific bug?

Thanks,

-Youzhong